Announcing PR0C0D1N6: Processing.js IDE for iOS
Finally: I’m very proud to announce a Processing.js IDE for iOS. After about two years of development, hesitation and despair, coding and fun, PR0C0D1N6 for iOS will be available soon! I’m currently beginning the beta-testing phase. PR0C0D1N6 will be a universal app, running both on the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch.
– iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch (preferably at least iPad 1, iPhone 3GS)
– iOS 5 (sorry, it’s just impossible to do this for iOS 4 and below)
– Edit & run processing(js) pde sketches on device
– Syntax Highlighter
– PDE File import/export via iTunes Sharing
– Easily accessible documentation
At this point, the app is running quite smooth, there are just a few quirks and things that could be improved. And I’m fighting with a couple of bugs and system restrictions. But there’s really not that much to do anymore… See for yourself (Screenshots below!)
– No Errorconsole, but you can use print(), println() and alert() to debug
– No 3D (P3D)
– No libraries
– No file storage & file read/write (Web-Import works though)
– No multiple PDE files (means external classes), but classes in one file work
I hope you’re as excited as I am!
I don’t want to give dates, but I’m pretty confident that the app will be released in a couple of weeks. The app has been created at the AppStore and I’m just about to start the beta reviewing process.
If you absolutely cannot wait, add a comment and I’ll contact you how to apply for the beta program. Oh, wow, what a feedback… I’m closing the beta call, otherwise I can’t handle the feedback. Stay tuned everybody!
Update February 14th: The app has been approved. …and the update v 1.1.1 has just been submitted; featuring a Nightmode dark editor theme, full Retina-Display, insert-snippet-from-reference, motion (gyro & accelerometer) support, super nice demos and lots of important bug fixes (keyCode & setup-Styles). X your fingers…